Seriously... or not

Thursday, June 29, 2006

hail to radiohead


last friday night was radiohead. i'll try to be brief.

seeing radiohead live is always a surreal experience for me. it makes me want to close my eyes and let everything around me melt away. the music is a journey to a haunting place. to an almost alien place.

as the fog settled into the greek theater before the show, i thought about how appropriate that was to the ambiance that is radiohead. misty, mystical, and utterly moving.

highlights for me were: morning bells, a wolf at the door (seeing thom "rap" is very cool), exit music, and as always, idioteque. the drum beats on there there were spot on, and i just couldn't help jarring my body along with the beat. andrea was ecstatic to hear exit music - one of her favorite radiohead songs. she took digital footage of the whole song with her camera. i wish i could post it, it's totally amazing.

although i thoroughly enjoyed the show, i have to say it wasn't the best radiohead show i've seen. this show seemed subdued to me, a little mellow, a little calm, as was the crowd. a far cry from the highly charged "radiohead or die" vibe from 3 years ago. still though, no regrets - a solid, captivating show that did not lose my attention for an instant.


(photo credit: andrea, who was up so close!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home