Seriously... or not

Thursday, March 30, 2006

montreal

so it's been a while since i posted about my heart attack - i mean my "bruised esophagus". well, that's at least what they think it was...

i went to montreal for 4 days about 2 weeks ago. 2 days for pleasure, 2 days for business. the business part was actually really fun - we were conducting an audit at one of our contract labs. i found out that i'm good at finding what people do wrong in their experiments and documentation. i was repeatedly told that i would be good in QA. i don't know if this is a good or bad thing. but it was nice to hear my manager tell our QC director "over my dead body are you going to try to take denise away from me!" it's good to be wanted!

my 2 off days in montreal were awesome, but also very surreal. it was so incredibly refreshing to see and hear a different language around me. i think i was really needing a change of scenery. the cold (it was about -8 degrees C) was really hard to get used to. the first night i almost couldn't breath, it was so friggin cold. i could feel the cold in the core of my body, and it was just painful. so i walked into the first restaurant i found to have dinner and a beer (it was st. patrick's day). this is where i met pascal and sebastien, who entertained me for the rest of the night - we had some shots with the bartenders and shared a "meter of beer". yum. fun. i ended up spending the rest of the weekend with sebastien, who showed me all around the city. this was the best part of my trip, and i really wasn't ready to leave...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm Sabastien... He sounds like he would look good in bike shorts. :)

-CC

1:11 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

HAHA! no comment... :)

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sebastian in lycra? do tell.

Desinia, I made this for you today (read the intro):

http://www.medcompare.com/quickpicks.asp?qpid=209

5:38 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

peoria, that is awesome! with that eloquent description, i would surely automate my EIA analysis with a microplate pipeting system!

i'm so glad that i can still be a "part of your work". :) BUT PLEASE COME BACK TO GERON!!!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home