Seriously... or not

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

creepy crawly

i was in our department's biweekly meeting today, having just finished my presentation. discussions about my data were launched and our executive director began a spiel about his thoughts.

as i was sitting back listening, i felt something tickling my left hand, which was sitting on my lap under the table. since i was wearing a really fuzzy sweater which has a tendency to shed, i just brushed my hand without looking, thinking it was just a piece of lint. when the tickling happened again, i pushed my chair out from under the table and looked at my hand: there was a pincher bug on me!

needless to say, i leaped out of my seat and started flailing my arms around saying "oh my god, oh my god, there is a bug on me!", trying to shake the thing off. it landed on my chair, then crawled underneath it, out of sight. i was probably more dramatic than i needed to be, but that darn bug scared the crap out of me! we all had a really good laugh about it, and after i sat down, i had to bite my tongue for the rest of the meeting so i wouldn't have an attack of the giggles.

talk about professional!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I, too, am laughing. Of course, in my mind you are also running around in circles!
--Chris

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home